Potatoes with spicy spicy cottage cheese sauce - a very tasty vegetarian dish, originally from India. Cottage cheese is preferably not sour, or do not add, but just add 1/2 cup of water and stew it under the lid to the desired consistency. Adjust the spicy sauce with the amount of green chilli, garlic and ginger, as you like. Sugar gives a certain piquancy to the general taste, however, if you do not like the soft sweet touch, it can be ruled out. Serve with bread cakes as a separate dish for lunch or dinner.
Cook time:25 minutes
- Potatoes - 4 pcs.
- Fresh ginger - 1/2 tsp.
- Green chili pepper - 1 pc.
- Garlic (denticles) - 4 pcs.
- Seeds of cumin - 1 tsp.
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Peanuts - 4 tbsp. l.
- Seeds of sesame seeds - 1/4 tsp.
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Curd - 1/2 cup.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 3.5 tbsp. l.
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp. l.
- Salt - to taste.
- Peel and cut the boiled potatoes into 3 cm cubes. Prepare a paste of ginger, garlic and green pepper in a coffee grinder.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan with high sides on medium heat and add cumin seeds. When they start to crackle, add the prepared ginger-chili paste and bay leaf and pass for a minute.
- Add crushed peanuts and sesame seeds, fry them for 1 minute.
- Season with the powder of red chili and turmeric. Stir well and add the cottage cheese, whipped with sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add sliced potatoes and salt to taste (for sauce). Stir and continue to cook under the lid for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Add fresh coriander leaves and turn off the fire.