It may seem strange - to create desserts from chickpea gluten-free flour! But even the greatest skeptics should at least once try Indian dessert Besan Lado! The dough made from chickpea flour does not contain gluten, and of course, differs in texture and taste from the dough with the usual wheat flour, the dessert turns more tender and soft, supplemented with nuts, saffron and cardamom. Let's start cooking this simple and easy recipe!
Cook time:35 minutes
- Nut flour - 1 glass.
- Ghee is 1/4 cup.
- Sugar powder - 1/2 cup.
- Saffron or turmeric - to taste.
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp.
- Almond is a thread. - 1 tbsp. l.
- Pistachio thread. - 1 tbsp. l.
- Sift the flour through a sieve into a large bowl or plate. Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over low heat. When melted butter begins to melt, add flour.
- Mix well with a spatula. Fry until the mixture turns golden brown, stirring constantly, for 7-10 minutes, but the time may vary depending on the thickness of the frying pan you are using.
- Turn off the fire, add saffron filament or turmeric powder, nutmeg powder and cardamom. Stir thoroughly.
- Put into a large plate and allow the mixture to cool for approx. 8-10 minutes. Then go to the next step.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix with until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8 small equal parts and give them a round shape. Serve Besan fret with sliced almonds and pistachios. Allow to cool completely at room temperature.