The preparation of multi-layered Indian flat cakes is an embodiment of the art of cooking, which shows how you can prepare a delicious snack from the usual ingredients, using a new method of preparing them. Mix the flour, salt and melted butter, adding warm water in small portions and knead the dough. Do not press the dough when rolling, so that its layers are more pronounced. Dark dexterity, and you will have on your table delicious hot and fragrant cakes for breakfast for tea or coffee or for dinner with stewed vegetables, pea soup or salad.
Cook time:45 minutes
- Flour (for dough) - 1 glass.
- Flour (for deboning) - 1/2 cup.
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Ghee - 1 tbsp. l.
- Water is 1/4 cup.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of flour and 1 tbsp. spoon of melted butter, add salt. Warm water add portions, 1-2 tablespoons. spoon at a time. Knead the soft dough. Lubricate the surface with a little oil, cover with a dry cloth and leave at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each serving on a working surface, sprinkled with flour, 17-20 cm in diameter or as thin as possible. Lubricate 1 / 2-1 tsp with a melted butter and lightly sprinkle with flour. Collect the accordion. Take the edges, lift it to slightly stretch the dough.
- Place it on the chopping board and close it with a mug.
- Lightly sprinkle with flour and roll again about 5-6 cm in diameter.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat and fry the tortillas on both sides. Transfer to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining test.