A fragrant vegetable pilaw consists of boiled rice with various vegetables and spices. In this recipe, a set of spices, vegetables and rice are first fried in oil, then boiled under the lid. An additional flavor of pilau is attached to bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves. Indian vegetable pilaf is traditionally served with Wright's cucumber sauce. The perfect dish for dinner!
Cook time:40 minutes
- Basmati rice - 1/2 cup.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Green peas - 1/4 glass.
- Bay leaf - 1/2 pcs.
- String beans are cut. - 2 tbsp. l.
- Carrots (cut.) - 1/4 cup.
- Slice of cinnamon - 1 pc.
- Carnation - 2 pcs.
- Garam Masala - 1/8 tsp.
- Red chili pepper (powder) - 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp. l.
- Ghee - 1 tsp.
- Water - 1 stack.
- Salt - to taste.
- Rinse the rice and soak in cold water for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat in a frying pan 2 tbsp. spoons of vegetable and 1 teaspoon of melted butter. Add the bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and fry for 30 seconds. Then add onion and fry until it turns light brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, green peas, beans and carrots. Stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Strain the rice, add to the vegetables and season with Indian spices ghara masala, turmeric, red chili and salt. Stir and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of water, cover and cook until rice is ready. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, then swirl the rice with a fork.