A light dessert from sweet slices of crispy bread, which are poured with milk sauce, flavored saffron and cardamom. For a more intense taste sprinkle with cashew nuts, almonds and raisins roasted with butter. Enjoy!
Cook time:35 minutes
- Milk - 2 glasses.
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Saffron or turmeric - a pinch.
- Sugar - 1/4 glass.
- Water - 1/2 glass.
- Sliced bread - 6 pcs.
- Ghee - 2 glasses.
- Cashew nuts - 2 tbsp. l.
- Raisins - 1 tsp.
- Almonds - 1 tbsp. l.
- Preheat the milk over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook until the amount of milk is reduced to half (about 1 cup), stirring occasionally. Add saffron and cardamom and mix well. Turn off the cooker, pour the sauce into a bowl and refrigerate at room temperature. Place it in the fridge while you are making toast.
- Prepare sugar syrup from water and sugar in a saucepan. Cook on low heat until the consistency of the syrup is about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut the crust on slices of bread and cut into triangles. Then fry in the toaster, oiling on both sides after cooking. Or fry in a frying pan until crispy ruddy crust on melted butter.
- Dip each crispy slice into the sugar syrup and place on a dish.
- Pour the prepared milk sauce and serve with almonds, raisins and cashew nuts.