Waldorf salad is a classic American salad made of sweet and sour apples cut into thin stems of stalks or celery root and walnuts seasoned with mayonnaise, mustard or lemon juice with cayenne pepper. Also often prepared with the addition of fresh grapes or raisins, walnuts or hazelnuts. The classic version of the salad is rather laconic, this salad will well complement lunch or dinner. This salad is good, then in addition to its lightness and excellent taste, it provides an excellent base for experiments. If you add pieces of meat or poultry to it, it will become more nutritious and self-sufficient, and if you add raisins or pineapples, you will get a dessert version. Waldorf salad was first served in the New York hotel "Walldorf-Astoria", which explains its name. Then, the recipe for a corporate salad did not include nuts, but it is the recipe with the addition of nuts that is now considered classic.
Cook time:20 minutes
- Chicken meat boiled. - 3 stacks.
- Walnuts - 1/2 stack.
- Grapes are sliced. - 1 stack.
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Celery sliced. - 1 stack.
- Mayonnaise - 1/2 stack.
- Mustard - 1/2 stack.
- Honey - to taste art. l.
- Salt, pepper c / m - to taste.
- Boiled chicken and apples cut into cubes. Place in a bowl.
- Add chopped celery stalks, grapes and half a glass of chopped walnuts.
- Season with salt and pepper, add honey, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.